When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Pre-Ecuador

My trip to Ecuador is less than a week away and I can’t help but praise God for this wonderful opportunity that has been given to me. I am truly blessed to have such a strong support system in my life and this trip could not have been made a reality without them.

As I prepare for my trip I am very thankful for every single monetary gift that was given to me… I don’t want to discount any of them! However, there was one gift that seemed to take hold of my emotions a little more than the rest. I mentioned Greg Vollrath in my previous post and the significance he plays in my Godson and Godson’s family’s life. Brock’s parents were some of many who donated for my trip. I opened up the envelope in the mail from them and the amount on the check immediately caught my attention. It was written out for $33. As I saw the amount and read the letter that came with it, I began to get a little emotional. I come from a very small town where everyone knows each other. (If you are from MC and you are reading this, you know how significant the number 33 is to the Benson family.) I also know how important Greg was to Brock’s dad and how important it is to keep Greg’s memory alive.

I truly am blessed beyond measure to be able to travel to another country with my fellow OT and PT students to treat patients at the Damien House. I hope to someday be able to pay it forward to others as a thank you to all of those who have been so generous in helping me to answer the call by providing a means for me to be able to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment