When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Godson/Godmother bonding time :)

This past weekend I was fortunate enough to be able to sneak away from the realities and demands of OT school and spend some quality time with my Godson, Brock and his family. It was everything I could ask for and more.

Let me just start by giving you a few fun facts about Brock Gregory.

1. He was named after St. Louis Cardinal Baseball legend, Lou Brock.

2. He was also named after Greg Vollrath. (Greg was my Brock’s dad’s cousin on the other side of the family.) Greg died in a car accident many years ago, but his memory lives on through his family.

3. Brock’s patron saint is Gregory the VII. Why Gregory the VII out of all the St. Gregorys?! Greg (whom Brock was named after) was a huge Larry Bird fan. Larry Bird’s number when he played for the USA was #7.

4. Brock is an almost 5-year-old spitfire that soaks up everything he hears.

I made the three hour drive to Springfield on a Friday afternoon and couldn’t wait to see the little man. I rang the doorbell and was welcomed by a little boy running to the door with a smile and energy that I can’t even begin to explain in words. Brock’s first words to me as I made my way through the door were, “Did you bring your St. Louis Cardinals swimsuit?” Much to his disappointment, I left that one at home. But I did bring my Cardinals beach towel : ).

We spent the weekend hanging out and making up for lost time. We played Pac Man, went to the pool, played Memory, went to Mass together, went to Nakato (my first time at a Japanese Hibachi Grill), made smoothies and ordered pizza… all the things you should get to enjoy doing with your Godson!

My weekend came to an end all too soon. As we said our Goodbye’s and our I Love You’s it made me realize, yet again how truly blessed (and thankful) I am to have been chosen to be his Godmother.


Celie: “You look so handsome, Brock.”

Brock: “Do I smell handsome, too? I put on some of Daddy’s cologne.”

Pool time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment