When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

OT/PT Trip to Ecuador

I wasn't really able to blog while I was in Ecuador, so instead I am going to post some excerpts from my journal from my time spent there. What a beautiful experience for me!

August 13, 2011

Atlanta airport – en route to Guayaquil, Ecuador.

As I prepare myself for this experience, I am filled with joy that God has opened these doors for me. Our group consists of 8 OT students, 6 PT students, and 3 faculty; some of us who barely knew each other just 10 weeks ago. Yet in the first leg of our trip, I feel like we have already formed a bond that will never be broken. We are all on this trip for the same reason ultimately. Our purpose is to serve those at the Damien House, help them to have a better quality of life and to simply love, serve, and spend time with them. How beautiful :) I can already see how great this group of women is and how well we are going to work together. I’m excited to see what this group has to offer to the people of Ecuador and what this week has in store! Prayers for safe travel and for all those we will come into contact with this week.

Sidenote: God has truly blessed me with a beautiful life, and for that I am very thankful. There are so many people who have helped provide so that I could come here. God provided a means and I pray that I will continue to open my heart daily to follow his will for me. I am blessed!


No comments:

Post a Comment