When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Saturday, April 2, 2011

April is OT Month!

http://aota.org/Practitioners/Awareness/OT-Month.aspx

April is
Occupational Therapy Month! I hope those of you who read my blog regularly will take some time to check out the incredible profession that I, along with so many others have fallen in love with. By visiting this link you can learn more about what we do and how our therapy impacts people's lives every day (http://www.aota.org/).

Along with my fellow classmates at Rockhurst, we will be increasing awareness for OT throughout this month!

OT is a profession that enables people of all ages to live life to the fullest by helping them to promote health, prevent or live better with illness, injury or disability. Occupational Therapists take into account the complete person, including his or her psychosocial, emotional and physical makeup. This is just one of the ways we incorporate the six core Jesuit values into our practice (Cura Personalis - "Care for the whole person").

Inspired by the example of St. Ignatius of Loyola, I am seeking to make this world a better place in my chosen profession of OT through learning, leadership and service of others.


Our banner that will proudly hang out on campus all month.
Here I am with Probasco and Hess at the Health Fair, testing for DeQuervain's tenosynovitis.




No comments:

Post a Comment