When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Sunday, March 27, 2011

New News :)

The long anticipated news has finally arrived... Wait for it... Wait for it...

I'll be going to Guayaquil, Ecuador in August!!!!!

Along with some of my fellow OT classmates and some of the members of the PT class, we will be traveling to Ecuador to provide OT and PT services at the Damien House (http://www.thedamienhouse.org/). The Damien House provides complete medical care to individuals with Hansen’s disease (aka: leprosy). I am beyond excited about this opportunity to participate in interdisciplinary treatment and being able to provide care to the residents and outpatient clients at the Damien House. This is yet another chance for me to serve others and to help those less fortunate than myself.

"Consciously or unconsciously, every one of us does render some service or other. If we cultivate the habit of doing this service deliberately, our desire for service will steadily grow stronger, and will make, not only our own happiness, but that of the world at large." -Mahatma Gandhi


(Not to mention, I will get to see the beauty that God created in the Andes Mountains. Don't worry, I'll take lots of pictures!)

No comments:

Post a Comment