When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Thursday, March 17, 2011

My Calling.

I was one of those lucky people. Ever since I was in high school I knew I wanted to do some type of therapy - whether it be PT or OT. When I gave it up to God, He opened the doors for me. Since then, I've felt called to be an OT. I love to love and serve others, and in this profession there are so many ways that I have the opportunity to do that. This prayer hangs in the OT/PT hallway in the Science Center at Rockhurst. I'm not sure how many people actually read it. When I went to visit Rockhurst my senior year of undergrad to decide if I wanted to go there, I saw this prayer for the first time. The last sentence caught my eye. Every day when I walk past it, I always read and pray the last line. The other day, I finally stopped and read the entire prayer. I had to write it down. This prayer is exactly why I want to be an OT, and I hope that my feelings never change.

Lord, let me be willing to give my time and attention to all those who come to me in need. Lord, let me be sensitive to the concerns of those who trust me and dedicated to providing a better quality of life for those who depend on me. Let my heart never grow indifferent to my patients’ fears or hardened to their suffering. Let my life be lived in the light of your wisdom, in the strength of your presence, and at the mercy of your love. And let me never forget that I am no more than an instrument of your divine healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment