When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ash Wednesday

I'm not going to lie. I was a little giddy about Lent starting this year. Maybe it's because I have never been at this point in my faith life... I'm not really sure.

I started off my Ash Wednesday with the children's Mass from my Alma Mater - Holy Rosary. My home parish. I love going to Mass there. After Mass, I went to get my haircut. This was scheduled, but it wasn't until I walked in the door that I decided exactly what I was going to do. I've been going back and forth about whether or not I was going to just get a trim or actually get a significant amount of hair cut off. I sat down in the chair and my beautician, Amy, asked me what the plan was. I asked her if I had enough hair to donate to locks of love. She measured, put the rubber bands in my hair, asked me if I was sure, and chopped away.

So here it is, my Lenten Journey starting off the way Jesus wants it to. Locks of Love was calling my name this morning. I know He has big things planned for me and this was just the start of it. I can't wait to see the transformations that will take place in people's lives this Lenten season. Every day I wake up and thank God that He has blessed me with holy people who challenge me to love him more. So on this Ash Wednesday, I am praying for all of those people, that they may experience Christ this Lent in a way they never have before. And as my dear friend always tells us... Saints run in packs. I believe you are right. And I hope you are reading this :)


This is how long it was before.. :)


10 whole inches!




No comments:

Post a Comment