When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Monday, April 4, 2011

I Saw God Today - George Strait


Today was one of "those" days. I woke up in a rush to just get through the day. I didn't feel well, I had a Kinesiology test, a lab practical and wanted nothing more than to get through it all. All day long I felt like the devil was trying to get to me. Sadly, I was letting him. I finally got through my test and my practical. As I walked out of Van Ackeran afterwards I saw the most beautiful flowers blooming and was quickly reminded of the beauty of God all around me. I then started thinking about all of the other places in my life today that I saw, but neglected at the time, to notice that He was present all around me. I saw God today in the video recording of my Godchild/niece, Macy, that my sister sent me. I saw God today in the hug from my friend, Amy, as she was reassuring me that I was going to do great in my lab practical. I saw God today in my Mom's 5th grade class as they prayed for me, as they do every day I have a checkout or lab practical. (Along with many of my other faithful friends. You know who you are. Your rewards will be endless in heaven. I am forever grateful for all of you and I love you dearly.) I saw God today in the e-mail I received from Gusenord. (He is one of my favorite Haitians of all time! He is our translator when we go down there. His message was wonderful and absolutely could not have come at a better time.) I saw God today in the text from my dear friend Alex Pintus, which simply said "love you!"...this too couldn't have come at a better time. I saw God today in the smile from a stranger as I walked into Starbucks to meet Michaela. I saw God today in Michaela as she requested we say a prayer together before we began studying. And guess what? My day isn't over yet. I still have many opportunities to see God today. I'm thankful I have a loving God who sends me beautiful flowers to remind me to see Him in the small things.

No comments:

Post a Comment