When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Jesus, I Trust in You

I have this newfound love for the Chaplet of Divine Mercy, St. Faustina, and Our Lady of Good Council Parish here in KC. I can’t really say how it all started for sure. I used to say the Chaplet of Divine Mercy in the car with my Mom when I lived at home, but that was before I really appreciated the power of the prayer. When I moved into the house with the missionaries, Kelly told me I should read the Diary of Saint Faustina.

As I often do after a long day of classes, I went to IDonnelly. It’s my saving grace. I could spend hours in that store. I walked in and all I could think about was this book Kelly had told me about. So I bought it. It probably helps that all three of my roommates are reading or have also read this book and have the same if not greater love for the things I have listed above.

So here I am, two weeks later and I absolutely cannot get enough of St. Faustina and the way Jesus worked through her. I am simply in awe every single day of how the saints gave their lives to Christ. It makes me realize again each day how I too need to work harder to be more Christlike to the people and the world around me.


“O present moment, you belong to me, whole and entire. I desire to use you as best I can.

Trusting in Your mercy, I walk through life like a little child, Offering You each day this heart, Burning with love for Your greater glory.”

-St. Faustina

No comments:

Post a Comment