When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

For Granny

I took these pictures quite awhile ago for my Granny Yates who now lives in the nursing home in my hometown. Rockhurst's campus was absolutely beautiful after the first warm week of weather.

I spent a lot of time at Granny and Grandpa Yates' house growing up. They loved their flower gardens. When they gave Grandpa six months to live, Granny made sure he had a garden outside his window so he was still able to see how beautiful the flowers were. She also picked a fresh flower for him each day to have in his room. As I walked across campus and saw these flower, I couldn't help but be reminded of those times. I especially love the St. Ignatius of Loyola statue that sits in the middle of our campus. So here you go Granny :)











No comments:

Post a Comment