When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Do It Anyway

I haven't blogged in awhile. OT school has consumed most of my time. Yesterday was a very rough day for one of my friends as she was struggling with not only the stresses of it being finals week, but also having to deal with some outside issues that no one should have to deal with. So as I often do when I have no words of my own to share, I shared with her some words from someone much wiser than me - Mother Teresa. This morning I woke up to a beautiful note on Facebook. Thank you for your kind words, Palmer.


I was given these words by a kind and great friend, Celie, today. I am so thankful to have people in my life who really put things in perspective for me on such a tough day as today was for me. I have to remember I am here for one purpose; to bring glory to God. We are all here for this purpose and sometimes we need tough days to remind us of that.


"People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered; forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives: Be kind anyway. What you spend years creating others could destroy overnight: Create anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous. Be happy anyway. The good you do today, will often be forgotten. Do good anyway. Give the best you have, and it may never be enough: Give your best anyway. In the final analysis, it is between you and God: it was never between you and them anyway." Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment