When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Thursday, December 1, 2011


Once again, I've recently been struggling with being so busy with the end of semester madness and my time ending in Kansas City (refer to my October 20th post). It's official, I have 8 days left here and the past week I have felt like I have so much to do and so many people I want to see before I move home.  

Thank God for His timing - it is always perfect.  Reservoir is always the first Thursday of the month at St. Peters.  Reservoir is just one of many awesome things City on a Hill Young Adult Ministry offers for Catholics around my age.  Reservoir just happens to be a Holy Hour in Adoration with the Blessed Sacrament and an opportunity to go to Confession.  This was going to be my last opportunity to go before moving back home and it was much needed after my last chaotic week of classes in my MOT program at RockU.  AND -- what better timing than my first week of Advent coming to a close?!  It was just another chance for me to reflect on the coming of our King. 

The ministry of presence has taken on a whole new meaning for me and reality has finally set in – In a week I won’t be spending every waking moment with the people I have grown to love and care about so much in the Occupational Therapy program at Rockhurst, as well as my roommates and those wonderful people who I have met through FOCUS.  Tonight in Adoration I finally heard God telling me in my heart to SLOW DOWN in my daily life and discover that I need to stop doing so much and simply BE PRESENT.  I've known this all along.  It's simply something I need to remind myself of each and every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment