When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Monday, August 2, 2010

The Next Chapter

And so it began…

A new chapter in my life and time has gotten away from me. I’ll begin with the birth of my niece, Macy. She was born on May 17, 2010 and I was there to witness her first breaths. How awesome! It was a very emotional experience to be there with my sister as she had her first child. My best friend is now a mom! It was hard to focus on finals that week because all I could think about was graduating and being home to spoil her to pieces.

May 23rd, I graduated. A very bittersweet experience. Quincy University has become such an important part of who I am and I miss it so much every single day. I miss Quincy as a whole. I miss driving down North 18th street to get to our awful awful science building. I miss sitting on my porch swing and watching as people walked by. I miss walking into the UC for breakfast and Lynn knowing exactly what I wanted. (And knowing that I wanted her to leave the bacon off on Fridays during Lent). I miss Kirch and his white reeboks, although I don’t miss physics with one ounce of my being. I miss hatching chicks in Dr. Hale’s lab, and Luaders blowing stuff up in Chem. I miss waffle cone Wednesday’s at TCBY and half price pizza at the tower. I miss staying at Jack and Greg’s during stormy nights when Kari and I were scared to stay in our own house. I miss skipping class to watch QU baseball games and hanging out with the girls of 2024. I miss running with Ski while we trained for our half marathon…. As well as many other things that I can’t even begin to explain!

For graduation, Brady gave me a dog who I (not surprisingly) named Haiti. She is the love of my life and has kept me company many days since I’ve been living alone in KC. She really is a princess!

After graduation, I moved home for a month. I got to see Macy almost every day which was one of the biggest blessings I could have ever asked for. I got to spend much needed quality time with my parents and sister.

On July 1st I moved to Kansas City. This was a huge step for me. New city, new house, new school… but I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world! I have met some really amazing people already and I know that they will be a very important part of my life for the next two years (and hopefully long after!). My first term of my MOT program is over in a week and I already feel like I’ve learned so much. It makes me excited about what I am going to be doing with the rest of my life and the people that I’m going to help.

Here’s to the next chapter in my life… I promise I will blog sooner next time! Much love to all of my followers. I hope you haven’t given up on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment