When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Birthday Week!

So, I'm fairly certain that there will be no rhyme or reason to my blogs. I tend to be pretty random, so I am going to stay consistent with that :)

It's my birthday week this week. Yep, birthday week. My 22nd birthday was Tuesday, but I plan to celebrate until Sunday rolls around. That's the only way to do it! I had yet another amazing birthday and I thank my friends and family for that. That is what I love about birthdays. The people around me sincerely wanted me to have the best day ever, and they were very successful. The only thing that could have made it better... getting to spend it with my family.

My random thought for the day:
Someone once told me... "Do something for someone who can't do anything in return for you." That single thought rings in my head almost daily, and I often feel like I fail at living it out. So I am trying to make a conscious effort to do that every day. Starting today: I volunteered at the soup kitchen in Quincy for an hour. Very small time committment, but very rewarding at the same time. If you are reading this, I encourage you also --- to do something for someone who can't do anything in return for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment