When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Ecuador Day 8


August 20, 2011

 
We woke up early to eat breakfast, went to the market for about an hour, then we were off to spend some time in the Andes Mountains. It was today, my last day in Ecuador that gave me that warm fuzzy feeling all over again.  It gave me hope for the world we live in.  It was pure, the love that I was feeling.  It was Godly. Throughout this entire trip I could see nothing that was not God. I felt so deeply, terribly happy.  I keep thinking to myself over and over… whatever this feeling is – this is exactly what I have been praying for.
As I walked in silence along the path I thought about all of the people who helped me get here and I wondered to myself – how will I ever thank them enough?  This is what I come up with…

“In the end, though, maybe we must all give up trying to pay back the people in this world who sustain our lives.  In the end, maybe it’s wiser to surrender before the miraculous scope of human generosity and to just keep saying thank you, forever and sincerely, for as long as we have voices.” – Eat, Pray, Love

So, for all of those who have helped me along the way – the best way I can say thank you is to pay it forward and to live my life loving and serving others.  I pray that God blesses you abundantly.  Because of your generosity, my life has been forever changed.  I could never have done this without all of you, and most importantly without our Heavenly Father.  In Christ, through Mary.  Love, Celie

P.S. Enjoy the pictures of this beautiful earth He created!


Shopping at the market. I'm one of the goofballs in the background waving :)




Celie, Molly, Emily, Jessica, Jess



Celie with llamas!
Beauty.

Allison & Celie




OT girls

Action shot!


Sad to leave the Andes Mountains

No comments:

Post a Comment