When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Why I love Jesus... (For Claire)

The other day I was having a conversation with my dear friend Claire. She asked me, "Why do you love Jesus?" Here's the thing... I know in my heart why I love Jesus, but it's sometimes hard to put it into words. Ever since that day last week, the question has been on my mind. So here is just the start of a list that I hope and pray never stops growing.

1. He is unchanging.
2. He is jealous for me.
3. He never lets go.
4. He died for me. (And for you!)
5. He draws me in →He is asking me to surrender to His will.
6. He KNOWS me. And wants me to know Him!
7. He is the source of my existence.
8. He has blessed me with a beautiful life and a beautiful family.
9. He is REAL! And He wants to be my friend.
10. He has let me walk with the poorest of the poor.
11. He has opened my eyes to the beauty of this place.



Thank you, Claire. For making me think about why I love Jesus. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment