When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Sunday, December 13, 2009

I'll love you forever, Twin


Tomorrow one of my best friends will be having surgery. Gabrielle, or as I like to call her, my twin... has a Chiari malformation. A Chiari malformation is a structural defect in the cerebellum, the part of the brain that controls balance. When the indented bony space at the lower rear of the skull is smaller than normal, the cerebellum and brainstem can be pushed downward. The resulting pressure on the cerebellum can block the flow of cerebrospinal fluid and can cause a range of symptoms including dizziness, muscle weakness, numbness, vision problems, headache, and problems with balance and coordination.

Unfortunately this week is finals week with me, so I won't be able to be in Chicago with her for the week as I would like. My prayer for her is that God will watch over her as she goes through the surgery and during her recovery. I also pray that the Lord will be with the surgeon as he operates on her. And lastly, that He will be with her family.

Twin, I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living, my twin you will be. Don't forget your prayers. I love you Gabbo!

Also, it's my Granny's 85th birthday tomorrow. So a special Happy Birthday wish goes out to my Granny. I hope it is wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment